TRAVELERS CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCES COMMITMENTS TO CELEBRITY PRO-AM FIELDadmin
HARTFORD, Conn., May 31, 2019 – The Travelers Championship today announced commitments to the celebrity lineup for the 2019 Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am, taking place Wednesday, June 19, at TPC River Highlands.
The following individuals are scheduled to compete this year:
- Ray Allen was a 10-time NBA All-Star after being named an All-American at UConn, won NBA titles with the Celtics (2008) and Heat (2013), and remains the NBA leader in career 3-pointers made.
- Chris Berman is an ESPN broadcaster and has been named National Sportscaster of the Year six times while winning 10 Emmy Awards.
- Nick Bonino is a center for the Nashville Predators who attended Avon Old Farms and Boston University before entering the NHL in 2010. The Connecticut native previously played for Anaheim, Vancouver and Pittsburgh, winning two Stanley Cup titles.
- Jim Calhoun went 625-243 and won three NCAA basketball titles at UConn. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2005 and the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006, and he just completed his first season as head coach at the University of Saint Joseph.
- Mike Cavanaugh became UConn men’s hockey coach in 2013, and recently finished his sixth season. This year’s Huskies ended the season with an upset win at the XL Center over Massachusetts, then the No. 2-ranked team in the country.
- Brandel Chamblee spent 14 full seasons on the PGA TOUR, winning the Greater Vancouver Open in 1998. He joined the Golf Channel in 2004 and has been the network’s lead analyst for its studio shows and on-site coverage during major TOUR events.
- Chris Dailey has been the associate head women’s basketball coach at UConn since 1988, a span that has seen the Huskies win 11 national championships. She was inducted into the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame last year.
- Dane DeHaan is an actor and model currently starring in the feature film “The Kid.” He has had prominent roles in popular movies such as “Chronicle,” “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” “Kill Your Darlings” and “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.”
- Randy Edsall is the head football coach at UConn who led the Huskies to the Fiesta Bowl in the 2010 season. He is about to start his 15th season and also coached for five seasons in the NFL.
- Boomer Esiason played quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals during his 14-year NFL career. He was a four-time Pro Bowler, was named NFL MVP in 1988 and currently hosts the radio show “Boomer & Gio” on WFAN in New York.
- Doug Flutie won the 1984 Heisman Trophy while a quarterback at Boston College, then spent 21 seasons as a professional football player, including 12 in the NFL with Chicago, Buffalo, San Diego and New England.
- Mike Gorman is an Emmy Award-winning commentator who has been the television broadcaster for the Boston Celtics for more than 30 years.
- Christopher Jackson is a singer and actor who currently stars in the CBS drama “Bull” and played George Washington in the original cast of “Hamilton,” for which he earned a Tony Award nomination. He has also won a Grammy Award and an Emmy Award for his singing and songwriting.
- George Lopez is a multitalented actor who has had success in film, television and stand-up comedy. He is best known for his role in the show “George Lopez,” which ran on ABC for six seasons, as well as appearing in 21 movies such as “Valentine’s Day,” “Rio” and more.
- Bailey Mosier co-hosts “Morning Drive” on the Golf Channel and serves as a reporter at select tournaments. She played on the women’s golf team at Old Dominion University.
- Dan Orlovsky is a football analyst for ESPN. He spent 12 seasons in the NFL as a quarterback with the Lions, Texans, Colts and Buccaneers, and he is UConn’s career leader in passing yards and touchdowns.
- Nancy Stevens is recognized as one of the top collegiate field hockey coaches in the nation, with a record of 681-185-24. She recently completed her 29th season at UConn, winning her 500th game with the Huskies, and helped lead the program to national championships in 2013, 2014 and 2017.
- Mark Teixeira spent 14 seasons in Major League Baseball, hitting 409 home runs in a career with the Rangers, Braves, Angels and New York Yankees. Teixeira led the American League with 39 home runs in 2009, when the Yankees won the World Series.
- Tim Wakefield was a knuckleball pitcher who won 200 games in a 19-year Major League Baseball career. He spent 17 of those seasons with the Red Sox and won World Series titles in 2004 and 2007.
- Angie Watson helped the University of Georgia women’s basketball team reach the Final Four in 1999. She played professional basketball overseas and spent the 2001 season with the Charlotte Sting in the WNBA. In 2014, Angie joined her husband — three-time Travelers Championship winner Bubba Watson — in forming the Bubba Watson Foundation to enhance their ability to help those in need, particularly children and those associated with the U.S. military.
“Our Celebrity Pro-Am gives fans a unique opportunity to see those from the sports and entertainment world tee it up with some of the best golfers in the world,” said Travelers Championship Tournament Director Nathan Grube. “It’s always been a fun part of tournament week that the galleries enjoy seeing every year.”
The Travelers Championship will take place June 17-23 at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut. Tickets are on sale now at www.TravelersChampionship.com. This year’s player field includes Brooks Koepka, Justin Thomas, Francesco Molinari, Bryson DeChambeau, Paul Casey, Jason Day, Phil Mickelson and defending champion Bubba Watson, among others.
About the Travelers Championship
The Travelers Championship, held in Cromwell, Connecticut, is one of the premier events on the PGA TOUR and part of the FedExCup series. Named by the PGA TOUR in 2017 and 2018 as the recipient of the “Players Choice” award, the Travelers Championship proudly supports the TOUR’s Tradition of Giving Back by donating 100 percent of net proceeds to charities. Travelers, a leading provider of property and casualty insurance for auto, home and business, is the Official Property Casualty Insurance Provider of the PGA TOUR. The company became the tournament’s title sponsor in 2007. Travelers has been doing business in the Hartford community for more than 160 years and has been a corporate sponsor of this event each year since its inception in 1952. Complete details are available at www.TravelersChampionship.com.