TRAVELERS CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCES CELEBRITY PRO-AM FIELDadmin
HARTFORD, Conn., June 14, 2017 – The Travelers Championship today announced the celebrity lineup for the 2017 Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am, taking place Wednesday, June 21, at TPC River Highlands.
The celebrities competing in the 2017 Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am include:
- Ray Allen: UConn All-American was a 10-time NBA All-Star, won NBA titles with the Celtics (2008) and Heat (2013), and remains the NBA leader in career 3-pointers made.
- Geno Auriemma: Has a 991-135 record in 32 seasons as the head women’s basketball coach at UConn, including 11 national titles. Inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006.
- Chris Berman: ESPN broadcaster has been named National Sportscaster of the Year six times and won 10 Emmy Awards.
- Jim Calhoun: Went 873-380 as a college coach, and won three NCAA titles at UConn. Inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Mike Cavanaugh: Became UConn men’s hockey coach in 2013, and recently finished fourth season.
- Chris Dailey: Associate head women’s basketball coach at UConn since 1988, a span that has seen the Huskies win 11 national championships.
- Dane DeHaan: Actor best known for his roles in “Chronicle,” “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” and “Life,” in which he played James Dean. Stars in upcoming “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.”
- Randy Edsall: Head football coach at UConn who led the Huskies to the Fiesta Bowl in the 2010 season. About to start 13th season, and has also been a coach for five seasons in the NFL.
- Christopher Jackson: Played George Washington in the initial “Hamilton” cast and was nominated for a Tony Award. Additional Broadway credits include “In the Heights” and “The Lion King.”
- Matt Lauer: Television journalist who has been host of “The Today Show” on NBC since 1997.
- Kevin Nealon: Actor and comedian stars in the CBS sitcom “Man With a Plan.” Had a nine-year stint on “Saturday Night Live” and was also in the acclaimed Showtime series “Weeds.”
- Dan Orlovsky: Quarterback who has spent 12 seasons in the NFL and is UConn’s career leader in passing yards, touchdowns.
- Tim Wakefield: Knuckleball pitcher won 200 games in a 19-year MLB career. Spent 17 of those seasons with the Red Sox, and won World Series titles in 2004 and 2007.
“The Celebrity Pro-Am is all about having fun, and bringing together stars from the areas of sports and entertainment,” said Travelers Championship Tournament Director Nathan Grube. “The celebrities we’ve had certainly create a unique environment for our fans.”
The Travelers Championship will take place June 19–25 at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut. Tickets are on sale now at www.TravelersChampionship.com. This year’s field includes Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson, Jim Furyk and defending champion Russell Knox, among others.
About the Travelers Championship
The Travelers Championship, held in Cromwell, Connecticut, is one of the premier events on the PGA TOUR and part of the FedExCup series. The tournament proudly supports the PGA TOUR’s Tradition of Giving Back by donating 100 percent of net proceeds to charities. Travelers, a leading provider of property and casualty insurance for home, auto and business, is the Official Property Casualty Insurance Provider of the PGA TOUR. The company became the tournament’s title sponsor in 2007. Travelers has been doing business in the community for more than 160 years and has been a corporate sponsor of this event each year since its inception in 1952. Complete details are available at www.TravelersChampionship.com.