HARTFORD, Conn., June 11, 2021 – The Travelers Championship today announced the lineup for the 2021 Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am, taking place Wednesday, June 23, at TPC River Highlands. The event marks the first day that ticketed spectators will have access to the grounds for this year’s tournament.
The following individuals are scheduled to compete:
- Chris Berman is an ESPN broadcaster and has been named National Sportscaster of the Year six times while winning 10 Emmy Awards.
- Brian Boyle is a hockey center who has spent 13 seasons in the NHL, most recently with the Florida Panthers. A Massachusetts native and Boston College graduate, he has scored 130 goals in his NHL career while playing for eight teams.
- Jim Calhoun went 625-243 and won three NCAA basketball titles at UConn. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2005 and the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006, and he just completed his third season as head coach at the University of Saint Joseph.
- Mike Cavanaugh recently finished his eighth season as UConn men’s hockey coach. This year’s Huskies qualified for the Hockey East playoffs for the second straight season and earned five victories over nationally ranked opponents, including a shootout road win over No. 1 Boston College.
- Javier Colon is a Connecticut native who won the inaugural season of NBC’s “The Voice” in 2011. He has released four albums and frequently appears on “The Voice” as a guest judge.
- Chris Dailey has been the associate head women’s basketball coach at UConn since 1988, a span that has seen the Huskies win 11 national championships. She was inducted into the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018.
- Randy Edsall is the head football coach at UConn who led the Huskies to the Fiesta Bowl in the 2010 season. He is about to start his 16th season and also coached for five seasons in the NFL.
- Doug Flutie won the 1984 Heisman Trophy while a quarterback at Boston College, then spent 21 seasons as a professional football player, including 12 in the NFL with Chicago, Buffalo, San Diego and New England.
- Christopher Jackson is a singer and actor who currently stars in the CBS drama “Bull” and played George Washington in the original cast of “Hamilton,” for which he earned a Tony Award nomination. He has also won a Grammy Award and an Emmy Award for his singing and songwriting.
- Dan Orlovsky is a football analyst for ESPN. He spent 12 seasons in the NFL as a quarterback with the Lions, Texans, Colts and Buccaneers, and he is UConn’s career leader in passing yards and touchdowns.
- Nancy Stevens is regarded as the best field hockey coach in college history. She finished her 43-year career with a record of 700-189-24, and is the only coach to win 700 games. She spent 30 of those seasons at UConn, where she led the program to national championships in 2013, 2014 and 2017.
- Tim Wakefield won 200 games as a pitcher in a 19-year Major League Baseball career. He spent 17 of those seasons with the Red Sox and won World Series titles in 2004 and 2007.
“We’re thrilled to bring our Celebrity Pro-Am back on the same day that our fans will return to TPC River Highlands,” said Travelers Championship Tournament Director Nathan Grube. “We missed both last year and can’t think of a better way to kick off tournament week than to have these celebrities join us for a day of fun that benefits a great cause, since all net proceeds help local charities.”
All spectators must purchase their tickets in advance. There will be no tickets available at the gate. For information and tournament updates, please visit TravelersChampionship.com.
The Travelers Championship will take place June 21–27 at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut. This year’s player field includes defending champion Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Cantlay, Brooks Koepka, Patrick Reed, Tony Finau, Paul Casey, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson and Rickie Fowler.
About the Travelers Championship
The Travelers Championship, held in Cromwell, Connecticut, is one of the premier events on the PGA TOUR and part of the FedExCup series. The tournament proudly supports the TOUR’s Tradition of Giving Back by donating 100% of net proceeds to charities. Travelers, a leading provider of property and casualty insurance for auto, home and business, is the Official Property Casualty Insurance Provider of the PGA TOUR. The company became the tournament’s title sponsor in 2007. Travelers has been doing business in the Hartford community for more than 160 years and has been a corporate sponsor of this event each year since its inception in 1952. Complete details are available at TravelersChampionship.com.