THE HEART OF THE EVENT
Every year, more than 4,000 people donate their time and effort to volunteer for the Travelers Championship. Our volunteers spend countless hours throughout the week to help deliver a world-class PGA TOUR experience for players, fans and the media. By volunteering, you not only get the chance to go behind the scenes at Connecticut’s largest sporting event, but you can also feel good about investing your time as the Travelers Championship donates 100 percent of its net proceeds to more than 100 charities throughout New England.
“Volunteering at the Travelers Championship is a great conversation-starter. I love telling people how the tournament, one of only two professional PGA TOUR events in New England, is a gathering spot for community leaders, local celebrities, and of course some of the world’s best golfers. Volunteers play a key role in crafting and executing a memorable event for Connecticut.”
2013 Deliveries Committee Chair
Who Can Volunteer?
Why is Volunteering So GREAT?
- It is a great way to NETWORK & CREATE NEW BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS!
- It is a great way to BUILD YOUR RESUME & GAIN EXPERIENCE!
- It is a great way to GAIN EXPOSURE TO THE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS INDUSTRY!
- It is a great way to MEET NEW FRIENDS & ESTABLISH LONG-TERM FRIENDSHIPS!
- It is a great way to SEE SOME OF THE WORLD’S BEST GOLFERS!
- It is a great way to SPEND A SUMMER AFTERNOON!
- It is a great way to GIVE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY & SUPPORT MORE THAN 100 CHARITIES!
Recommendations & Requirements
- We require that all volunteers are at least 16 years of age by June 1, 2014.*
- We require that volunteers purchase their volunteer package before being assigned to a committee.
- We recommend that all volunteers have a valid email address to use to communicate.
- We recommend that all volunteers sign up for a minimum of two shifts throughout the week.
- We recommend that volunteers complete their registrations in a timely manner in order to secure their committee choice.
*However, there are select opportunities available for people between the ages of 14 – 16.
2014 Volunteer Package
- Official Travelers Championship Golf Shirt
- Official Travelers Championship Hat or Visor
- One Weekly Volunteer Grounds Admission Badge
- One Weekly Guest Grounds Admission Badge
- Lot B Parking Pass, Valid for Each Day of Volunteering
- Complimentary Meal for Shifts Worked
- Hartford HealthCare Water Bottle, and Other Great Items!
Package Value: $400
2014 Volunteer Package Cost: $38[Please note, refunds will not be provided after packages are purchased]
For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.