Spectator Guidelines and FAQs
Please understand that these regulations are in place for the safety of everyone in attendance, including spectators, PGA TOUR professionals, volunteers and staff. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Be Considerate – Please be considerate at all times for the PGA TOUR Professionals and other spectators by making no unnecessary noise and refraining from making any movement, which would disrupt play on the golf course.
- Be alert for wayward shots at the Travelers Championship – Golf balls, especially on Pro-Am days, may inadvertently be hit into spectator areas at any time.
- Keep an eye on the sky – As the weather is unpredictable, we suggest you take the necessary precautions to avoid being uncomfortable while watching the championship. Don’t forget: Wear appropriate and comfortable clothing and footwear; bring a hat or a visor; carry an umbrella and suntan lotion. Watch the leader boards for “Weather Warnings.” Travelers Championship fans will be kept informed of current conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are cell phones and pagers permitted?
A: All mobile phones, PDA’s, etc. will be allowed on site all week, but must be on silent and must be used in accordance with the posted Mobile Device Policy.
Q: Are cameras permitted?
A: Spectators are permitted to have cameras in their possession Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday ONLY. Large camera bags are not permitted. Cameras are not permitted Thursday though Sunday. Spectators will be informed by security personnel that they must return their cameras to their cars if they approach the entry gate with a camera in their possession Thursday through Sunday.
Q: Are purses, fanny packs, coolers, backpacks, chairs, etc. permitted?
A: Small purses (approximately six inches by six inches) and fanny packs are permitted, but are subject to search. Coolers, backpacks, packages, bags and all other items larger than a fanny pack or purse are not permitted. Spectators bringing chairs must remove the chairs from their bags. No chair bags will be permitted. Spectators are asked to leave any unnecessary items at home or in their cars. For a full list of prohibited and permitted items, please visit our Security Policy page.
Q: Is alcohol sold at the tournament?
A: A vaild photo ID must be presented to obtain alcohol at the event. Valid forms of identification include a current driver’s license, military ID or other suitable ID as determined by Tournament Officials. The current legal drinking age is twenty-one (21) years of age. Persons under the legal drinking age consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the tournament grounds.
Q: Where are the Travelers Championship Admission Gates located?
A: There are three admission gates to the Travelers Championship.
– Main Gate: Accessible via new main entrance
– 9th Fairway: Accessible via foot on Golf Club Road
– 6th Green: Accessible on foot via Field Road
Q: When are the admission gates open?
A: Gates open at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday and at 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Q: Where can I get pairing sheets?
A: The Official Tournament Pairings Guides identifying the daily groupings and tee times as well as a course map will be distributed free of charge daily at each admission gate and at Nestlé Purina pairings guide boxes throughout the course.
Q: What types of tickets are available?
A: There are two daily admission tickets for the Travelers Championship – a PRACTICE / PRO-AM ROUND ticket is valid any one day, Monday through Wednesday; a COMPETITION ROUND ticket is valid any one day, Thursday through Sunday. Spectators should make sure that they possess the proper ticket to gain admission. Children 15-and-under are admitted to the tournament FREE when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
Q: May I wear golf shoes to the championship?
A: If you plan to wear golf shoes to the championship, please note that the TPC River Highlands golf course has a No Metal Spikes Policy.